Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Like Father Like Son

New member? Introduce yourself here!
Jackson Bondy
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Jacksb4

Post by Jackson Bondy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Thebusofwoe wrote:Thats what im here for. Wont be the first ;) 8-)
Or the last either I'm sure :P There are a few advisories from the last MOT I need to sort actually ;)
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

Thebusofwoe
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 4G

Post by Thebusofwoe » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:52 pm

No problem. Im also an MOT tester, so can advise on all aspects of that side of things. 8-) :P
One life, LIVE IT! Get VTEC, LOVE it. Drive a Honda and ENJOY it.

Build thread : http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t7849.html

Jackson Bondy

Post by Jackson Bondy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Thebusofwoe wrote:No problem. Im also an MOT tester, so can advise on all aspects of that side of things. 8-) :P
Ah awesome, in that case can I pick your brains? :D
The car has had an advisory for the last few years running for "nearside front Anti-roll bar linkage rubber mounting deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement drop link rubbers perished (2.4.G.2)"
Is this a simble job of swapping out the ARB linkages or not?
Also brake binding has cropped up consistently on the front and rear calipers, I'm upgrading to 282's on the front so I'll be rebuilding those over the winter but is it worth doing the rears at the same time?
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

Thebusofwoe
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 4G

Post by Thebusofwoe » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:25 pm

So the front roll bar linkage can be left alone if you wish. This will only fail if it results in a lot of movement or it becomes detached. But yes its just a job of removing the old one and fitting a new one. The brakes binding could be any number of things. These include, pads seized in, caliper pistons seized, slider pins seized or parking brake cable union seized (rear calipers). So i would advise a full strip down and good check of all 4 brakes to check all of the above. If your doing the fronts anyway then i would check/do the rears too yes. :)
One life, LIVE IT! Get VTEC, LOVE it. Drive a Honda and ENJOY it.

Build thread : http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t7849.html

Jackson Bondy

Post by Jackson Bondy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:39 pm

Thebusofwoe wrote:So the front roll bar linkage can be left alone if you wish. This will only fail if it results in a lot of movement or it becomes detached. But yes its just a job of removing the old one and fitting a new one. The brakes binding could be any number of things. These include, pads seized in, caliper pistons seized, slider pins seized or parking brake cable union seized (rear calipers). So i would advise a full strip down and good check of all 4 brakes to check all of the above. If your doing the fronts anyway then i would check/do the rears too yes. :)
Ah ok, I guess I'll leave that for now then and I can always change it at a later date if it becomes more of a problem.
Looks like I'm going to be kept busy over the winter months then, my family is going to love me turning the dining room into a workshop for a few weeks :lol:
Looks like I've found the place to get an MOT done then too, a bit of a trek for me but worth it to have someone who knows the car backwards giving it the once over 8-)
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

Return to “New Members”