Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

its not my day

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
big damo
My Generation: 4G

its not my day

Post by big damo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:51 pm

My pasanger side window jamed today and I have found out that the runner that is in line with the door mirror has rusted and is no good any more, does any body have one for sale, or know where I can get one?

ddoubledanny
LotM Winner
PSN GamerTag: Ddoubledanny

Post by ddoubledanny » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 pm

That's unlucky mate same happens to me the other day now my drivers window won't operate I push it closed by hand :lol:

ddoubledanny
LotM Winner
PSN GamerTag: Ddoubledanny

Post by ddoubledanny » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Saying that I need to investigate more to see what's actually happend as the motor still works but the window don't go up or down :?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:39 pm

big damo wrote:My pasanger side window jamed today and I have found out that the runner that is in line with the door mirror has rusted and is no good any more, does any body have one for sale, or know where I can get one?
Happened to me too man, had to get one from a breaker. Easy enough to swap at least!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: jjm349571

Post by jjmartin349571 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Hope you get it fixed cheaply mate.

If it makes you feel any better, I had someone interested in buying the Scirocco who was going to come down and view it next weekend. I decided to replace the fuel filler neck as this is a common problem with these cars, and mine was a little rotten. Long story short my rear wheel arch was rotten and I've put a hole through it into the boot. I'm going to have to pull the car from sale now as I'm not happy selling it knowing there's rust setting in :(

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:33 pm

A good thick spray of underseal is your friend here... :hurr:

:lol:

big damo

Post by big damo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi guys, darrel was scraping a lude so picked one up today, went to fit it but cut a deep gash in my leg when I took the door card off ( a lot of blood and 2 stiches later im ok ) my brother fitted it for me and it was really simple to do, my bottom bracket that connects the runner to the door was rusted away, didnt even need to take the glass out to swap them over

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:14 pm

big damo wrote:Hi guys, darrel was scraping a lude so picked one up today, went to fit it but cut a deep gash in my leg when I took the door card off ( a lot of blood and 2 stiches later im ok ) my brother fitted it for me and it was really simple to do, my bottom bracket that connects the runner to the door was rusted away, didnt even need to take the glass out to swap them over
Holy cack! How did you manage that man?

Glad you got it sorted, sounds like exactly the issue I had.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

big damo

Post by big damo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:33 pm

I took the door card off and some how banged my knee on the side of a metel bracket, didnt think id cut it at first but then I noticed the blood :shock: so a word of warning doors can be very sharp :lol:

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:51 am

^^ true that! Taking my 4th gen door card off I reached over the back and punched that sharp metal handle shape part, took a huge chunk out of my knuckle and left me with a nice little scar :(

Return to “Interior”