Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Got a new motor! (Not a Lude)

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
BrettGee
My Generation: 0G

Got a new motor! (Not a Lude)

Post by BrettGee » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:34 pm

For the last 6 months I've been driving a Peugeot 106 just as a cheap little run around car, and WAS looking at Preludes for the last couple weeks to have as a second car for leisure but after crashing the 106 on Tuesday... I needed a new car, and quick!
I searched Autotrader for a car within 10 miles of me (had to get a taxi to view any cars so wanted to keep those costs as small as possible) and i needed a car that very day. So i was very much limited on choices. HOWEVER, after ringing around a few places and being told "sorry, it's gone" a number of times I came across this 1998 BMW 3 series 318IS. Instantly thought it looked nice, but have zero experience owning or driving one, so went ahead and took a risk and bought her yesterday.

Here she is:

She has, 72K miles on the clock, full years MOT (until Jan 2015) and a whooooole bunch of extras and buttons that the little Peugeot never had! (some that my old Lude never had either) Still don't know what some of them do! lol

Im very impressed with the build and smoothness of the car, feels really nice to drive. Especially for a 16 year old car! I'm equally impressed with it's condition. The last owner had the car for over 10 years and it seems he kept her in pretty good nick :) Even has new Michelin tyres all round.

Cheers

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Fantastic cars these, so god dam nice to drive..
You can see why they became so popular and all other BMW 3 series since then have been top of their class.

BrettGee

Re: Got a new motor! (Not a Lude)

Post by BrettGee » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 am

RattyMcClelland wrote:Fantastic cars these, so god dam nice to drive..
You can see why they became so popular and all other BMW 3 series since then have been top of their class.
I have to agree, I'm blown away how nice it feels to drive. Knew there must have been a reason the 3series is so popular!

I'm chuffed with this one anyway :)

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin
My Generation: 4G

Post by Ammo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:16 am

4 pot BMW :cry:

Pretty thirsty for a 1.9L and slow as well. The 325 is much better option, but as you needed one in a hurry I guess it's a good buy, it looks really tidy

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and don't drive it like a front wheel drive car else you'll be backwards before you know it ;)

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:33 am

Ammo wrote: Oh and don't drive it like a front wheel drive car else you'll be backwards before you know it ;)
You mean...don't do an edd.

4th Gen Doug
Supporter 2014

Post by 4th Gen Doug » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Very nice, really tidy too! 8-)
I bought myself a 318ti compact to get me around while I repair my borked head gasket on the 'lude and it's a great little car!
@Ammo is right, be careful! I had my first brown trousers moment coming off a roundabout a little too enthusiastically a couple of days after buying it! :lol:

BrettGee

Re: Got a new motor! (Not a Lude)

Post by BrettGee » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Lol I'll keep that in mind.

As for it not being fast, you must not have read my opening post.. I've been in a 106 for 6 months. This car is effing glorious in every aspect in comparison lol.

I paid 950 quid. And yeah, beggars can't be choosers! Haha.

So far it seems no worse on fuel than the 1.6 mk4 golf I had prior to the Peugeot. And certainly not as thirsty as my old Auto BB5.

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:13 am

RattyMcClelland wrote:You can see why they became so popular and all other BMW 3 series since then have been top of their class.
Couldn't disagree more.
Yes the E36 is a nice car, but the E46 is god awful. Can't vouch for the the later ones, but I'm in no hurry to try.
Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”