Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Just another SADLY SOLD Type-S thread :)

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
GOONIESnvrSAYdie
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Re: Just another Type-S thread :)

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:13 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:Mine are 8" now but with a 30 offset. Arches were rolled before I resprayed it as the paint WILL crack. Bumper tabs on the rear relocated 2" further back. This is where you will be rubbing most.
It's not so much rubbing as banging when you hit a nasty bump or dip in the road, think they are hitting the lip on the rear quarter. A good roll should sort that.

How do yours fair for sitting out so far? It's going to bug me that they will kick up dirt down the side of the car all the time.

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:39 pm

New wheel nuts have just arrived, figured I may aswell take a picture of them now as you're not likely to be able to see that well on a picture once fitted.

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:17 pm

Good choice on the nuts 8-)
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 pm

What she said ^^

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 am

Nice lude, I really wanted a type s, but no decents ones hav com up for sale.. I'm sure your loving it, interior looks good, unworn.
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:38 pm

Rudelude wrote:Nice lude, I really wanted a type s, but no decents ones hav com up for sale.. I'm sure your loving it, interior looks good, unworn.
I got lucky as it was a friend who owned it before me so he never actually advertised it.

Interior is great, drivers seat is a little worn if you inspect closely, dash has a small scratch on the carbon bit, but for a car that's 17 years old, that's nothing :)

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Had a sticky rear passenger caliper recently so got that changed yesterday. Got half way through fitting the new rear discs and pads only to find out the parts company had sent my mates garage UK 4 stud not 5 stud discs, so had to postpone till they are open again Tuesday. Got the caliper changed and bled up so at least it's not sticking any more.

Also bought some ATR calipers recently, they'll be getting fitted soon too. Came with almost brand new DS2500 pads and Hel braided lines :)

Just gave the Lude a quick wash so I could get the new club sticker on and represent ;)

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Mon May 05, 2014 2:19 pm

So in the next week or two I should have new rear brakes, new front ATR calipers and discs and I've also acquired a new rocker and plug cover to have painted up so I can start to tart up the tired looking engine bay :)

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Mon May 05, 2014 2:22 pm

GOONIESnvrSAYdie wrote: the parts company had sent my mates garage UK 4 stud not 5 stud discs
Stud pattern isn''t market specific. Both JDM and disgusting herpes carrying UKDM 2.2 5G are 5 stud. 2.0 5G are 4 stud and ALL 4G are 4 stud.

For some reason 5 stud rear discs for the Prelude are a bit tricky to get hold of.

GOONIESnvrSAYdie

Post by GOONIESnvrSAYdie » Mon May 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Ahh right. I thought UK was 4. It was just a pain once I'd got both sides all stripped and ready to change only for the discs to be wrong. Get all excited about new shiny bits only to be bummed out fitting the rusty old ones back :-/ haha.

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”