Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Indigolemon's lude (Eve) - Deceased :(

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
JayJay
My Generation: 4G

Post by JayJay » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Notice any improvement?
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Re: Indigolemon's lude (Eve)

Post by indigolemon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:25 am

Just got home after giving my mate a lift, and deliberately went down some back roads.

At the moment, the answer is no - it's the same, but that is likely an adjustment issue more than anything else. I'll try adjusting them tomorrow and see what like tomorrow night :)
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:36 pm

Well, have decided the projectors are not for me, so will likely be removing them again and going stock. Expect them to appear for sale soon. Light was much more focussed which was great, but I was not a big fan of the look.

Today though, I mostly did DIY with a little bit of Lude work at the end. The net result:

Tomorrow, among other things, is a day of wiring 8-)
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Brake Issues Resolved

Post by indigolemon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Been a while, but it's update time.

Since the last winter was frankly mental, the car sat a lot as it just couldn't clear the depth of snow on the roads and I wasn't up for being a snow plough for the benefit of other road users.

When I finally got her moving again as the snow cleared, I discovered that the repairs I had done were already starting to look a bit rubbish, having a car sitting for ages is not a good thing. As a result, I'm going to be starting again on the de-rust procedures.

Another side effect of sitting for so long was some rather dodgy brakes. The nearside front in particular seemed totally gubbed. So I bought a set of known-good calipers from Paulr on PUK, fitted them - along with new discs and pads on the front. Sadly, still no joy, brake imbalance and sticky caliper remained.

I tried many more things to get this fixed, and eventually ordered a set of HEL braided lines from Horsham Developments (http://www.h-dev.co.uk). These were fitted on Sunday just past (14th August) and completely resolved the braking issues. The existing flexi's had perished internally, creating one way valves for the brake fluid. Not nice!

Big thanks to Allister (Merlin) for letting me use his driveway/tools and for the piccies here (as well as bacon rolls and irn-bru). Big thanks to Steve (Allister's mate) for his help/skills and patience - this man made this possible, I would have attacked someone with a hammer long before we'd got halfway through if left to my own devices!

Thanks to this good work - yesterday, the 15th, the lude went in for an MOT and sailed it. Driving it is once more a joy, and all for a 60 quid set of flexi's :D

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Its all good, dont forget almost wiping out my wife in her Civic as you left :lol: (apparently........ just what I heard :lol: )
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Merlin wrote:Its all good, dont forget almost wiping out my wife in her Civic as you left :lol: (apparently........ just what I heard :lol: )
I know nothing :whistle:

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Projectors (nicer ones) and Skunk2 Knob

Post by indigolemon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:11 pm

I paid a visit to Dave (JDM-BB4) the other night, and bought me some goodies 8-)

To help me see better at night:

And to make the gearshift so lovely and smooth that I weep softly as I change gear:

Kawa
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Nice one, do you notice the difference when night driving?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm

A really big difference. HIDs on their own were brighter, but far too splashy - with the projector/HID combo, the difference is brilliant! Didn't have to use the high beam at all when driving last night.

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:01 pm

I love my HIDs and projectors :)

Also, Skunk2 FTW!
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”