Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Skunk2 PRO/Tuner ??

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
Ferdie
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: fieszefreddie

Skunk2 PRO/Tuner ??

Post by Ferdie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Hee

i wanna build my engine for turbo for low boost and whant arround 300-350 horsepower!

now the turbo is not the problem only things for the engine!

i read a lot about skunk2 and i've got allready some stuff of it so whats the big diffrent between the pro and tuner serie's from skunk2 and the valve set you have many diffrent standart high comp...

Now i've got allready my skunk2 intake manifold and 70mm throttle body
also got the Tuner serie stage2 camshaft from skunk
eagel rods with Je pistons 87mm 9.0:1

But what will be the best set up witch the tuner serie stage 2 camshaft?

witch cam gear will be the best
witch valve/retrainer/springs set will be the best

My english is not that good i hope you understand me! and i hope you will leave good english answers for me!

judderod
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: judderod

Post by judderod » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Any cam gears should be fine. As long as they are locked properly - screws done up nice then you shouldn't have a problem. Make sure the cams are degree'ed in properly while the engine is being built - to Skunk2's specs. I used the cheapest cam gears I could find and they've been fine for thousands of miles.

If you're going turbo you might not need any fancy springs and retainers as you'll probably be keeping your RPM limit standard? So you might even get away with stock if they're in very good condition.

Valves, well that's really a matter of personal preference. I was told that the only valves on the market for the H22 that are spun welded are OEM Honda. That makes them the toughest and most long lasting of any. Flat faced valves (AKA high compression) can mess with the flow of the air intake charge but that shouldn't be a problem with forced induction. Flat faced valves may also be heavier which could cause valve bounce... So if you're using heavier valves you should probably get uprated springs.

Return to “Tuning”