Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

type s back on sale

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 pm

How do you propose to contain a ton of feathers as one, without glue/whatever? :P If you have to secure them together with something it becomes a ton of feathers and x ingredient.

If for example you had a steel feather and a steel ball that weighed the same, the feather would lose still, because it's shape creates more drag.

A1ex
My Generation: 5G

Post by A1ex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 pm

But what would hit the floor first out of a ball of steel or a rain drop shaped piece of steel?

Gorgon, are you doing a physics course at the moment?
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Raindrops are ball shaped, but I'm gonna assume you mean the tear shape ;) In that case I would say the tear shape, because it's aerodynamically better. Those speedy cyclists wouldn't pick those silly helmets over a normal shaped one for no reason.

Nah nothing like that, I'm doing animal stuff but on the science route for my particular course, so I do a bit of chemistry, physics and biology... will be doing a BSc in Natural Sciences starting next year hopefully :)

A1ex
My Generation: 5G

Post by A1ex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Rain drop and tear drop are the same shape, as the water can freely change shape it takes on the most aerodynamic shape it can from the drag it's under :)

Sounds like a cool course 8-) I did civil engineering with a research project on carbon fibre but wish I did mechanical now. Would have been really cool to get into motorsport!
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:34 pm

A1ex wrote:Rain drop and tear drop are the same shape, as the water can freely change shape it takes on the most aerodynamic shape it can from the drag it's under :)

Sounds like a cool course 8-) I did civil engineering with a research project on carbon fibre but wish I did mechanical now. Would have been really cool to get into motorsport!
Hah, I hadn't thought of that... obviously :P

It's pretty decent, have some days where we just go and play with animals, then the next day we might be cutting them up and getting their guts out!

Start your own CF company :lol: 8-)

I think this thread has thoroughly derailed...

Yes I think that lude is a bit expensive! I never get why people let you know they'll accept something lower... e.g. my brother was looking at a car over the weekend, he phoned the guy up and he was like "the price is 1750 but I'll accept 1500" :|

Return to “Cars for sale”