gearbox

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
littlefeller
My Generation: 4G

Post by littlefeller » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 am

8-) :twisted: supose vtec in 1st is fairly pointless i hardly ever use it, but still some complain about loosing it with a delimmiter fitted, seems to me it would be great to have a setable vtec crossover and rpm limmit for different gears, now this would be good :twisted:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 pm

duno how, but i missed some of the posts, theres a real intresting part concerning speed with different wheels, i hadnt considered this, and yes it wouldnt make any difference to speedo speed, only your actual speed would be different.

Ted

Post by Ted » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:56 pm

no your actual speed would be wrong with different wheel sizes according to your speedo,its calibrated for a certain rolling radius.

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 am

yes i think that is what i was trying to say, the speedo would always read the same, regardless of wheel size, but then most cars do too, like for instance if you fit different size wheels and or tyres, some unlucky folk get caught on speed camaras after buying a second hand car simply because the tyres and wheels fitted are non std size and they didnt know (it happend to my brother :lol: ) so we need to remember this when filling in on line ratio calculators, they all ask for (including mine) for a rolling radius, for these calculators it only effects us when messing around with vtec crossover points.(think i will hide the rolling radius box on mine so it cant be adjusted).

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 am

yes same thing my bad, i think we're both barking up the same tree :lol:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:38 am

i must admit i did laugh when my brother told me what had happned :lol: :lol: daft bugger, you would have thought he would have known especially has he did view the car twice before he brought it. :lol:
(honestly i was only doing 30, it says so on my speedo)

Return to “Engine / GearBox”