Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5gen 4ws problems

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
no0ne
My Generation: 5G

5gen 4ws problems

Post by no0ne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:36 pm

Hello. I've got some problems with my 5gen's 4ws. Some time ago it started throwing 4ws code 20 and i've replaced front main steering angle sensor in the steering wheel. After that you need to pair this new sensor with 4ws ECU, but now i can not do this since there is error code 20 in the 4ws ECU EEMPROM. So i got another 4ws ECU without any errors, but now i got another issue while trying to pair sensor with ECU: 4ws light flashes 3 times fast and won't let me to proceed with pairing procedure. Any ideas guys ?

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm not too sure about the 5th gens, but on the 4th there is no pairing of sensors etc.. If you don't align everything electronically, you'll still get the code 20.

Some info previously posted by a brilliant and handsome man ( :whistle:) here.....

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/honda-p ... =alignment

no0ne

Post by no0ne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Yeah you see since i've changed front main steering sensor, its now all over the place according to 4ws ECU, and it has no idea how much the steering wheel is turned and everything. I need to set zero pozition of this sensor, so the 4ws ECU nows whats up.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:42 pm

disconnect the battery leave it for ten minutes or so reconnect it do the 5g 4ws reset
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

no0ne

Post by no0ne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:19 pm

mercutio wrote:disconnect the battery leave it for ten minutes or so reconnect it do the 5g 4ws reset
battery disconnect doesn't erase EEPROM memory, in which error codes are stored. EEPROM is basically a flash memory, which doesn't require voltage to store data. Just like your music stays in flash disk after pluging it off the PC.
I'm afraid problem is much deeper than simple reset procedure. Of course, tried it gazzilion times, but then realized it's not going to happen, since steering angle sensor has to be calibrated with 4ws ECU down to dead zero. Now i'm just spinning wheel around and ECU doesn't know its 10 degrees to the right or 60.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:43 pm

well i must be amazing i replaced my steering rack set it all up and drove away with a fully functioning 4ws
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

no0ne

Post by no0ne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 pm

mercutio wrote:well i must be amazing i replaced my steering rack set it all up and drove away with a fully functioning 4ws
Then you're lucky :D

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:33 pm

no0ne wrote:battery disconnect doesn't erase EEPROM memory, in which error codes are stored. EEPROM is basically a flash memory, which doesn't require voltage to store data. Just like your music stays in flash disk after pluging it off the PC.
Does the 5th gen ECU definitely have non-volatile EEPROM for fault codes?
The 4th gen ECU doesn't - that gets fully cleared down on voltage removal.

no0ne

Post by no0ne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:59 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
no0ne wrote:battery disconnect doesn't erase EEPROM memory, in which error codes are stored. EEPROM is basically a flash memory, which doesn't require voltage to store data. Just like your music stays in flash disk after pluging it off the PC.
Does the 5th gen ECU definitely have non-volatile EEPROM for fault codes?
The 4th gen ECU doesn't - that gets fully cleared down on voltage removal.
Yeah, only way of reseting the codes is via this 4ws codes reset procedure, which includes wheel turning, little bit of parking brake, little bit of this and that :)

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”